Radius Rasp Professional Finish
- Creating a smooth rounded edge along the perimeter of the hoof wall is essential for maintaining durable hoof shape and the healthy function of the ‘Mustang Roll.’
- The Radius Rasps have a concave form specially designed to remove wall horn in an arc. This action makes the task of rounding the wall edge easier, faster, and more precise than when using rasps that create flat surfaces.
- Because it can be used one-handed, the other hand is freed to hold and steady the hoof while rasping. Hoof care professionals and horse owners alike will find this tool indispensable.
- The Radius Rasps have have powerful magnets in the handle to attach them to your hoof stand, horse trailer, or other steel surface and both have replaceable stainless steel blades that will not rust.
- The RR-2 is a more aggressive wall rounding tool that rapidly creates the arc of of the Mustang Roll during normal trimming. Its curve allows you to rasp well above the outer bearing surface of the hoof wall to extend the arc of the ‘roll’ upward, it cuts faster through the hardened outer layers of the hoof wall. It rapidly smooths the edges left by a ‘beveling’ nipper cut around the outer edge of the wall. In many cases it can create the basic contour of the Mustand Roll without first making a ‘bevel’ cut with your nippers. If you are doing a lot of trimming or dealing with hard hooves, the RR-2 is an essential tool.
Radius Rasp Pro2